Caring for an elderly loved one at home can be hard, but it can surely come with it’s own set of difficulties if the senior is bedridden.
Nonetheless, there are things that one can do to make it much easier for you (as the caregiver)
How Do You Care For Someone Who Is Bedridden?
Here are some helpful tips on how to care for a senior who is bedridden:
- Pay special attention to their skin.
- Always keep the sheets and blankets clean.
- Make sure your senior bedding is comfortable as possible.
- Set a schedule and work with that schedule which helps you with toileting for your senior.
- Make sure your senior gets enough entertainment and activities with some form of purpose.
- If possible, help your loved one to reposition their body every two hours.